Sunday, 23 June 2013

Warm Chicken Fajitas | Food & Drink

Good evening everyone! We just had some chicken fajitas for supper, and I'm going to share with you how I made them. I don't like to toot my own horn, but they were SO delicious. Not to mention they smelled heavenly in the oven! I hope you guys like them. They are not very expensive, and quick to make for someone who doesn't have a lot of time.

First you will need: 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1/2 of a large onion (or 1 medium one), 3 cloves of garlic, 3 medium chicken breasts. Slice all of these up and put into a casserole dish.


Now you will need the following: 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, dried oregano, garlic plus, and basil. (You can substitute your favorite spices if you'd like). When adding spices I just make sure the food is coated well. Here are approximate measurements for the amount of food I cooked:
  • 3 tablespoons of oregano
  • 2 tablespoon of basil
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic plus

Once you have stirred everything together it should look like the picture below. Put it into the oven for approximately 45 minutes at 375 degrees celcius or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.


When it comes out of the oven it looks like this! Then I sprinkled on some cheddar cheese for good measure ;)



Put your tortilla shells in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and then wrap your fajita mixture up in the tortilla shell! Here are the tortilla shells I used, and we also had a few flour tortilla shells left over from another night. You can serve with sour cream, salsa, or even guacamole if you wanted to! 


I hope you enjoy them!

No comments: